Some brands face tougher decisions than others. For a non-profit healthcare client we worked with in September, they had a long laundry list of challenging choices to make. The brand wanted to be a mission-driven non-profit but also a fast-moving tech startup. A new organization, but one with an established history. A facilitator and someone pushing for big change.
We started with a detailed brand audit process with twice the number of interviews with employees, board members and influencers. Then, brought everyone together in a conference room for a powerful 90-minute workshop.
- Can we find a “common enemy” to create an alliance in a sector of fierce competitors?
- Which fears and hesitations are really holding back market acceptance?
- What brand strengths are we overlooking and undervaluing?
- How can brands navigate around challenges brought on from their past partners?
- Do we have to use industry terminology or is there a better way?
- Can you innovate and support a big vision while also dealing with technical challenges?
- How do we retain early customers while continuing to grow?
- Where do we have to choose a side? Where can we create a new category instead?